Combat failure in education and improving ICT skills using Web 2.0 tools
- To reflect on your own teaching methods in relation to technology in the classroom today
- To acquire the basic knowledge of using technology in classes
- To acquire new skills & ideas for using technology to teach
- To work with a range of interesting Web 2.0 tools in classroom
- To use tablets / laptops in the classroom
- To increase their motivation and satisfaction in their daily work
- To improve their competence in English
- To understand European culture
- To develop a sense of European citizenship and identity through participating in a community of European teachers and trainers
- To share experiences and best practices among the participants
- Teachers & school staff: primary level;
- Teachers & school staff: secondary level
- Teachers & school staff: special needs
- from 2020-04-28 to 2020-05-04
During the course, the participants will learn how to: create blogs; use wikis; use social networking and other ICT tools like video editing; create simple and efficient presentations online. These tools will support and enhance language, mathematics, science, etc. teaching and learning, through interdisciplinary inquiry and the use and creation of digital teaching resources.
The overall objective is to modernize and innovate school staff methodology, in order to make schools more attractive for students. Participants will get involved in small practical group tasks exemplifying how to incorporate technology into their lessons in order to be more effective and enjoyable.
The main aspect of the course is to promote collaboration between participants. Lessons will be held in our labs and all around the city as the main objective is to learn while having fun. Our approach is to base the teaching process in practical rather than theoretical knowledge. The course is designed to learn from the practice. All trainers are experienced in European projects and in implementing digital competencies.
Many teachers and educators feel overwhelmed by technology today, or would like to use it more, but don’t know how or where to start. The aim of the course is to enable participants to use ICT in class and apply the acquired skills to exploiting and creating ICT resources for teaching and learning.
The course is specifically designed to help teachers of various fields of education to increase their skills in using technology in their lessons by showing them – in a simple way! – incorporating free Web 2.0 tools in their teaching.
Our methodology is based on group activities, brainstorming, cooperative learning, simulation and best practices’ exchange, which means sharing and seeking out new knowledge.