EXPERIENCE ITALY: LANGUAGE, CULTURE & food in Calabria region
- cooking lessons with international cookers like Jesse Mc Murray or food bloggers like Jolanta Kolanowska;
- cooking lessons with restaurants chefs like Francesco Salerno (Trattoria Dal Maestro), Carmelo Stratoti (Pizza and fresh pasta maker);
- visit to a local baker and practice in making fresh bread;
- visit to local wine and oil producers discovering how these kinds of markets work and understanding difficulties of local farmers;
- visit to an important wine producer already organized and famous in the so-called "wine area" of Calabria (Crotone province);
- visit to local schools, especially the cousine college and activities with students and teachers;
- workshops in professional kitchen working with chefs working in school cellars discovering rules and laws of how to serve food to children;
- workshop on food and nutrition with a professional nutrition biology, Francesca Casadonte.
- visit to a local vegetable garden discovering Italian type of fruits and vegetables;
- workshop in "Home restaurants", like the one of Giuseppe Ranieri in Davoli superiore. Understanding the new ways for young people and chefs to work in home restaurants enriching the touristic sector at local level.
- learn Italian language using non formal education and experiencing speaking with native Italian speakers;
- improve the ability in cooking using local food, working with local chefs and learning by doing;
- discover and understand the local culture of Calabria, South of Italy and create a link with the economical development of the agriculture and food chain in Europe.
- Company staff; Regional and local authorities; Teachers & school staff: secondary level
- from 2020-05-05 to 2020-05-12
The training is a very specific and innovative proposal that JUMP makes to international guests which combines 3 main ingredients:
Usually is needed to fill an LMA LEARNING MOBILITY AGREEMENT. Participants and training providers fix all the general details like:
- description of the training;
- main aims;
- description of the activities;
- learning outcomes;
This document is signed by all partners.
Research of quality is an "ongoing process".
-Cross-sectorial training and educational programs mixing intercultural activities and social moments,
-Development of European Citizenship Education,
-Development of International trainings at local level,
-Involvement of a team of international trainers,
-A close cooperation with schools at each level,
-Direct involvement of Italian teachers,
-A real and concrete contact with the local community
JUMP ALWAYS foresees a specific session on Erasmus Plus which in many cases changed and improved the quality of the training and educational system. In this session the topic of the importance of self evaluation of participants is faced which depends on them.
An EVALUATION SESSION is also organized but it is necessary to start since the beginning to reflect on the 8 Key competences for the Life Long Learning and then to be able to fix it by writing down the personal evaluation on the process of learning and living the experience with us: at professional, intercultural and human level.
JUMP philosophy and method are based on Non Formal Education. We hate questionnaires so our evaluations and our "certificates moments" are always "not a final moment of an incredible week in Italy" but a "first step for future cooperation working together".
Use of Non Formal Education methods.