ICT skills for Educators
- To guide participants in their achievement of the course learning outcomes
- To provide opportunities for participants to reflect on their own practice
- Prepare participants for implementing course content in their own classrooms
- Enhance participants’ skills to develop their learners’ digital skills and literacy
- To provide a technological toolkit for educators and improve the level of key competences and ICT skills
- To access a variety of on-line resources to promote good practice in education
- Share best practices, ideas and materials between colleagues within the EU
- Discussion on what is ICT and listing a range of medias and applications
- Main strategies supporting ICT implementation in education.
- Educators’ subject knowledge influences how ICTs are used: technical abilities.
- Practical exercises in identifying benefits and challenges in using ICT
- ICT tools in education: Input source, output source and others
- Work with smart boards in practice
- Practical exercises in creating animated slideshows
- Web Conferencing/Meeting/Webinars
- Social media: Let’s talk about it! Facebook, Blogs, Websites, Forums, Podcasting and others
- Practical exercises in designing and creating a blog T
- Figurative speech Quiz; Multiple choice quick quiz
- Online information resources: encyclopedia, libraries, journals, magazines
- Company staff
- Higher education institution staff
- School management
- To be able to provide technical support to learners in a confident manner
- Have experience of using ICT to support learning and teaching, creating and implementing their own e-learning solutions
- Be a confident user of ICT across a range of media and applications
- Have a positive attitude towards sharing of practice within their own workplace. Be able to promote the use of ICT as a driver to increase quality and relevance of education at all levels.
- Understand and acknowledge the risks relating to the tools we use in ICT.
- School principals & directors (primary & secondary)
- Teachers (primary & secondary)
- Academic staff (tertiary)
- Directors & personnel in International coordination offices (tertiary)
- Directors/managers (companies/NGOs)
- IT professionals
- Trainers (formal & non formal education)
- from 2020-04-08 to 2020-04-12
The course will allow educators to interact with others to improve their level of IT skills at their own pace enabling their updated knowledge to be used for school improvement. ICTE will improve the educator’s ability to use innovative and student-centred learning approaches and develop appropriate assessment to move their learners forward in their use of ICT. ICTE will enhance the participant’s ability to reduce low achievement of their pupils and students in ICT at the same time developing their pupils’ critical thinking when using ICT.
The participants will be able to develop lessons for diverse learners – learners with special needs to high achievers by improving their own confidence to offer IT support. Participants will become a confident user of ICT across a range of medias and applications.
This course includes:
The course methodology will ensure the active involvement of the participants in all phases, that is, prior, during and after the delivery of the course. More specifically, upon confirmation that the course will take place, the participants will receive preparatory material (if needed), which will cover all important concepts to be presented during the delivery of the course. The participants will have the opportunity to exchange feedback with the organiser of the course, ShipCon, and the trainer as well as to request any clarification related to the content of the course.
-Certificate of attendance & certificate of competence (skills & competences required – Europass CV)
-Europass mobility certificates – to be issued by the applicant’s National Authority (NA)
The ‘ICT skills for Educators’ course is designed to enable participants to improve their teaching practices with the use of specific ICT tools, such as smart boards, web conferencing and webinars, among others, thus, creating a ‘learner-centric’ classroom. This is an ideal course for all teachers, educators & trainers interested in continuing professional development (CPD).
By the end of the course, delegates will have acquired capabilities to:
The ICTE course is ideal for:
The methodology of the training is based on a combination of three important elements:
Provision of knowledge required (theory)
Use of training tools, such as case studies, videos, games, animations & exercises (practice – hands on experience)
During the delivery of the course, the participants will receive hard copy material, which will cover the content to be presented in all five (5) days of the seminar. The material will be presented in a form of Power Point (PPT) presentations, videos & animations. Moreover, the active involvement and hands on experience of the participants will be secured through various training tools, such as case studies, worksheets, scenarios & exercises. These training tools are necessary to ensure that the theoretical knowledge gained by the participants can be used in real life scenarios; an important aspect & added value for any training course.