International Collaboration and Project Management
- Understanding of communication channels and collaboration environments.
- Improving the participants’ leadership skills and sense of initiative.
- Understanding how international actions and partnership projects can be incorporated into lessons and school curriculum.
- Understanding monitoring and evaluation strategies and mastering tools for them.
- Developing communication, collaboration, presentation, problem solving, negotiation, critical and creative thinking skills.
- Understanding dissemination channels and their benefits.
- Boosting participants’ confidence in international communication and collaboration as well as in project management.
- Enhancing understanding of the potential international collaboration actions and projects have in education and opportunities they provide.
- Enhancing professional skills through mastering tools for virtual communication and collaboration.
- Providing and exercising creative ideas and practical resources for successful implementation of projects and international collaboration actions in education in different school settings (arts and crafts, science, language, citizenship, computer science, management, etc.) to be used with pupils as well as with staff.
- Improving English fluency (official language of the course).
- Promoting intercultural awareness.
- Sharing experiences of international collaboration and partnership projects from different organizations in order to help each of us to be more effective in our work.
- Developing the online collaboration platform for preparation, dissemination and networking in order to develop future partnerships and projects.
- Strengthening the European collaboration among people partnership projects in education in different contexts.
- Providing insights into different education systems.
- Introduction of participants
- Outline of the programme
- Introduction to communication channels and collaboration environments
- Practical workshop on communication and collaboration skills development
- Teambuilding and networking activities with a cultural trip
- Analysis of opportunities for international partnership projects (Aces and Erasmus+)
- Online tools for collaboration in international partnership projects, eTwinning, School Education Gateway -Individual support
- Presentation of outcomes
- Panel discussion
- Teachers & school staff: pre-school level; Teachers & school staff: primary level; Teachers & school staff: secondary level
- from 2020-06-14 to 2020-06-20
After registration participants will receive pre-course questionnaire which will be used by the trainer to learn about participants’ teaching backgrounds and to assess their exact needs. Before the beginning of the course a basic reading list will be suggested to participants to prepare for the training.
Participants will also be asked to publish a presentation about themselves, their professional context and their culture. The presentation will be available on the virtual collaboration platform. It will be used during the first meeting, but it will also be available online to the other participants so that they can have a preliminary knowledge of the group they are going to be part of.
Participants will receive information about the country they are going to visit in order to prepare them for their cultural experience.
This course is aimed at teachers and school staff from pre-school level to primary, secondary, vocational, adult and special needs education, staff of non-government organizations, government and policy makers and company staff as well as students and all those who are interested in international activities and project management in educational context. The course will focus on virtual collaboration projects in eTwinning and exchange partnership projects in Aces and Erasmus+. Participants are expected to have at least B1 level of English proficiency.
After the course participants will be asked to share what they have learned with the rest of the staff in their schools. Since they will all join the virtual collaboration platform they will be able to further discuss and deepen the understanding of the themes of this course and therefore keep on learning. Moreover, they will be encouraged to share materials showing how they are using what they have learned in their everyday work in terms of ideas, photos, videos, lesson plans, assessment and self-assessment forms, etc. creating an open educational resource available to everyone else from the group.
Thanks to the virtual collaboration platform they will all be networked which will provide greater opportunities to develop future partnerships and projects. Further books and articles to deepen the topic and contacts with some other practitioners all over Europe and in the world will be suggested by the trainer. The methods shared and explored and the bibliography given will allow the participants to complete and improve their educational path.
Methodology is based on theoretical lessons and presentations of examples of good practice as well as discussions and experience comparisons. By the end of the course participants will have a draft plan for international collaboration action of partnership project.
Participants will have the opportunity to develop personal and professional skills for communication and collaboration with partners from abroad and master basic tools for virtual communication and collaboration for project planning, management, evaluation and dissemination through workshops, simulations and action learning.