Neuroeducation and Coaching
- Understanding of the properties of the human brain and its functions
- Providing teachers with a general overview of the basic coaching methods and techniques taking into consideration neuroloinguistic approach to teaching and learning
- Reminding and revision of traditional and commercial methods of teaching with the focus on their neurolinguistic part
- Ability to use the coaching techniques in / out side classroom environment
- Improving the use of English (official language of the course).
- Promoting intercultural awareness.
- Sharing experiences of educational methodologies as well as diverse coaching strategies in education in different countries in order to help each of us to be more effective in our work.
- Developing a virtual collaboration platform for preparation, dissemination and networking in order to develop future partnerships and projects.
- Strengthening the European collaboration among people practicing neurolinguistic approach to teaching and learning.
- Providing insights into different education systems.
- Introduction of participants
- Outline of the programme
- Introduction to neuroeducation
- Practical exercises on perception and attention
- Traditional and commercial methods of teaching; practical exercise on the choice of method
- Teambuilding and networking activities with a cultural trip
- Introduction to coaching; practical exercises on using coaching tools
- Online tools for collaboration in projects besed on neuroeducation and coaching, eTwinning, School Education Gateway
- Individual support
- Presentation of outcomes
- Panel discussion
- Teachers & school staff: pre-school level; Teachers & school staff: primary level; Teachers & school staff: secondary level
- from 2020-06-23 to 2020-07-29
The main objective of the course is to provide a clear progression route for teachers wishing to enrich their knowledge in the teaching field and focus on the personal growth as well.
The aims of the course are to :
After registration participants will receive pre-course questionnaire which will be used by the trainer to learn about participants’ teaching backgrounds and to assess their exact needs. Before the beginning of the course a basic reading list will be suggested to participants to prepare for the training.
Participants will also be asked to publish a presentation about themselves, their professional context and their culture. The presentation will be available on the virtual collaboration platform. It will be used during the first meeting, but it will also be available online to the other participants so that they can have a preliminary knowledge of the group they are going to be part of.
Participants will receive information about the country they are going to visit in order to prepare them for their cultural experience.
The methods are designed to enable the participants to achieve the objectives of the course.
After the course participants will be asked to share what they have learned with the rest of the staff in their schools. Since they will all join the virtual collaboration platform they will be able to further discuss and deepen the understanding of the themes of this course and therefore keep on learning.
Moreover, they will be encouraged to share materials showing how they are using what they have learned in their everyday work in terms of ideas, photos, videos, lesson plans, assessment and self-assessment forms, etc. creating an open educational resource available to everyone else from the group. Thanks to the virtual collaboration platform they will all be networked which will provide greater opportunities to develop future partnerships and projects.
Further books and articles to deepen the topic and contacts with some other practitioners all over Europe and in the world will be suggested by the trainer. The methods shared and explored and the bibliography given will allow the participants to complete and improve their educational path.
They will include : lectures + presentations / set out of concepts, frameworks, and theory to the topics covered interactive and individual activities / brainstorming , peer coaching, role plays, case studies / DVD scene - watch / examples of particular situations to practice later /