Professional Orientation In Education
- Understanding of role and opportunities for professional orientation at all levels of education.
- Improving the participants’ entrepreneurship competences.
- Understanding how professional orientation can be incorporated into lessons and school curriculum.
- Understanding competence based approach to education and its significance in professional orientation.
- Developing communication, collaboration, presentation, problem solving, negotiation, critical and creative thinking skills.
- Learning The Mantle of The Expert technique and how it could be used to integrate professional orientation in educational context.
- Enhancing understanding of the potential simulations and role play have for integrating professional orientation into education on all levels.
- Providing and exercising creative ideas and practical resources for successful implementation of professional orientation in education in different school settings (arts and crafts, science, language, citizenship, computer science, management, etc.) to be used with pupils as well as with staff.
- Improving English fluency (official language of the course).
- Promoting intercultural awareness.
- Sharing experiences of integration and models of professional orientation from different organizations in order to help each of us to be more effective in our work.
- Developing the online collaboration platform for preparation, dissemination and networking in order to develop future partnerships and projects.
- Strengthening the European collaboration among people dealing with professional orientation in education in different contexts.
- Providing insights into different education systems.
- Introduction of participants
- Outline of the programme
- Overview and analysis of professional orientation models in education of EU countries
- Teambuilding and networking activities with a cultural trip
- Dorothy Heathcote's Mantel of The Expert technique (part 1/2)
- Dorothy Heathcote's Mantel of The Expert technique (part 2/2)
- Online tools for collaboration in projects oriented on professional orientation, eTwinning, School Education Gateway -Individual support
- Competence based approach to professional orientation
- Practical workshop on development of entrepreneurship competences
- Creating a personal free website portfolio as a tool for reflection on professional orientation
- Presentation of outcomes
- Panel discussion
- Government & policy makers;
- Regional and local authorities;
- Teachers & school staff: secondary level
- from 2020-11-10 to 2020-11-21
This course is aimed at those interested in professional orientation in educational context in order to help their learners discover their preferences and capacities in the world of work.
After registration participants will receive pre-course questionnaire which will be used by the trainer to learn about participants’ teaching backgrounds and to assess their exact needs. Before the beginning of the course a basic reading list will be suggested to participants to prepare for the training.
Participants will also be asked to publish a presentation about themselves, their professional context and their culture. The presentation will be available on the virtual collaboration platform. It will be used during the first meeting, but it will also be available online to the other participants so that they can have a preliminary knowledge of the group they are going to be part of.
Participants will receive information about the country they are going to visit in order to prepare them for their cultural experience.
This course is aimed at teachers and school staff from pre-school level to primary, secondary, vocational, adult and special needs education, staff of non-government organizations, government and policy makers and company staff as well as students and all those who are interested in professional orientation in educational context. The course will focus on competence framework and engaging innovative techniques for professional orientation. Participants are expected to have at least B1 level of English proficiency.
After the course participants will be asked to share what they have learned with the rest of the staff in their schools. Since they will all join the virtual collaboration platform they will be able to further discuss and deepen the understanding of the themes of this course and therefore keep on learning. Moreover, they will be encouraged to share materials showing how they are using what they have learned in their everyday work in terms of ideas, photos, videos, lesson plans, assessment and self-assessment forms, etc. creating an open educational resource available to everyone else from the group.
Thanks to the virtual collaboration platform they will all be networked which will provide greater opportunities to develop future partnerships and projects. Further books and articles to deepen the topic and contacts with some other practitioners all over Europe and in the world will be suggested by the trainer. The methods shared and explored and the bibliography given will allow the participants to complete and improve their educational path.
Methodology is based on theoretical lessons and presentations of examples of good practice as well as discussions and experience comparisons. Key method used, developed by British actress and teacher, Dorothy Heathcote, puts the participants into the role of experts working for an enterprise.
Participants will learn about the competence based approach to education through workshops, simulations and action learning.